Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

Is it possible to do anything about the front of the lens on

Customer Question

Hi, is it possible to do anything about the front of the lens on my Canon Powershot SX700 HS camera? Due to years of use and misuse the front has become scratched or smeared. Can it be replaced or would I need to buy a new camera?
JA: How old is your PowerShot?
Customer: I can't remember but probably around 2011-3
JA: What have you tried so far with your PowerShot?
Customer: Just trying to clean it with a lens cloth but I can't remove what look like scratches.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, the camera is fine otherwise I think
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a camera expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

You have a couple options/ideas here, one being taking this camera to a local camera repair place, they realistically might be able to fix this for under $100, which would be cheaper than buying a new camera. But if they don't have the part or can't fix it, it's definitely not worth to send into Canon as they will charge close to the price of a new camera.