Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

The lens of my Fuji film f10 has come out but will not go

Customer Question

the lens of my Fuji film f10 has come out but will not go back . the battery is charged
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping or from dirt getting in the lens)?
Customer: no but it has not been used for a long time
JA: What kind of battery does your camera use? Have you tried taking out the battery and replacing it?
Customer: yes it is new
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a camera expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like you have a common problem that plagues a lot of people with fixed lens cameras like this one, which that the camera over time can accumulate dust and particles inbetween the lens and camera body. When this happens, sometimes the lens get dislodged off it's track, or stuck without being able to make it's fully range of movement. I recommend trying a can of compressed air here to spray around the areas where the lens extends, which will hopefully free up any dirt that is inside there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where do you get a can of compressed air /
Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

I'm not from the UK, so I can't be sure. But I imagine you can find it at any hardware OR tech store, most people use them for cleaning their computer keyboards so usually in the US and New Zealand, I've found them there

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will try what he said
Expert:  Cameron replied 7 months ago.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have sorted the problem out
Expert:  Cameron replied 6 months ago.

Fantastic news!