Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I gave a Nikon D750. The shutter release button doesn’t

Hi there, I gave a Nikon D750. The shutter release button doesn’t work. However, if there is no lens on the camera, it clicks away. Please help!
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping or from dirt getting in the lens)?
Customer: I did drop it when I fell last September, but the problem only started yesterday
JA: What kind of battery does your camera use? Have you tried taking out the battery and replacing it?
Customer: I’ve just taken the battery out, and it's now clicking away! Do you think when this self isolation is over that I should get it serviced? Thanks, ***** ***** well and safe.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Every time I take the battery out and put it back in, it works. But then it stops working again, if left for a while

Hi there, my name is Cam & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer. I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution!

Whenever you’re ready, just send me a message here in the chat and we can get started trying to solve your issue!

I definitely think you should get this camera serviced after the self-isolation period is over. A drop like that can rattle the extremely fine tuned instruments inside the camera. I would also try another lens here if you have one because the lens could be the issue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Cameron. I changed the lens last night, but it still didn’t work, so yes, I’d suspected that a service would be the answer. Thanks, and stay safe.