Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My display on my nikon d5600 wont work unless it it 90

Customer Question

my display on my nikon d5600 wont work unless it it 90 degrees to the camera. Any ideas why not please??
JA: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?
Customer: all modes
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: not that i am aware of
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

That sensitivity to position on the part of the camera's screen probably means one of two things is wrong with the camera's material 'hardware' (rather than a setting or some such):

1. it might be that the camera's position sensor has failed, broken, or is very badly out of position doubtfully, or

2. it might be that the cable through which the screen image is provided, is nearly broken through, and only transmits in one position (this is doubtful. It would be more likely to not work at all.)

Either way, the camera most likely needs repair-servicing for this defect. How old is the camera? it might be within warranty provisions of Nikon's basic warranty.

Let me know - and if you need further advice, I will provide it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for your advice. I will send it to nikon.

That sounds best, ***** *****

Nikon UK Repair is here: https://www.nikon.co.uk/en_GB/service_support/repair_centre/send_for_repair.page

Thank you, also.