Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Thank you. I can no longer start the camera on my S20 with

Customer Question

Thank you. I can no longer start the camera on my S20 with one button. I dont know what I have done wrong or how to put it right. Guidance please. Thank you. seem not
JA: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?
Customer: no
JA: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?
Customer: nope. cant remove battery on S20. Should I try removing and replacing the sim?
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

If the camera does not start up, you might possibly have a dead or very weak battery:

How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use? If over a year, then you might possibly have a battery/batteries that are getting weak. Rechargeable batteries do get weaker with time, and eventually fail to deliver enough power to start up a device like a digital camera; they then need replacing. The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.

Also, please try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

(If you need instruction on how to change the batteries, or how to open the battery compartment, please let me know, and I will provide instructions. Thank you.)

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As evidence in my question, the phone in issue is a Samsung S20. This model has not been on the market for long enough (i) to justify your suggestion. (ii) It does not have a removable battery.The question I asked was very simple; your answer comes nowhere near to answering it. I will repeat it; it should be possible to start the camera from rest by pressing one button. I cant recall which of the three buttons is involved; it doesnt matter because none of them, on/off, up volume or down volume, starts the camera as it should. My question was/is what should I do to correct this situation.Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry - I was thinking that you had a camera, not a phone.

If your S20 has no Home button, just press the Power button twice quickly, to start the camera.

That is otherwise known as Quick Launching by double-pressing Power.

(Note: this may only apply to Australian models.)

Also you may need to set up Quick Launch, by opening the Camera app, going to the gear icon (Settings) then to Quick Launch. And turn it ON if it is Off.

Please let me know how that goes, and I will advise you further as needed.