Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 9 years.
13568747

MY CANONSURESHOT G9 WONT SWITCH ON ;ihave tried with a brand

Customer Question

HI MY CANONSURESHOT G9 WONT SWITCH ON ;ihave tried with a brand new battery with no sucess
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: please can you help
JA: How long have you had your G9?
Customer: its second hand i dont no the age
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: just put the new battery in the camera nothing happence
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that your moderately classic camera is not turning On.

Given its age, it is unfortunately quite possible that it has failed in some vital respect owing to that age.

But there are things that you may try, before deciding whether to send it to Canon Repair:

- Try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

- After that, be sure the battery you are using is the correct one for this model, sufficient to power it On, by letting me know what type or types of battery you have tried in it so far, please.

(And after that, Canon Repair is here: 1-800-ok-canon, or perhaps this web page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair )