Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

IXUS 115 HS lens cover will not open and startup aborts,

Customer Question

IXUS 115 HS lens cover will not open and startup aborts
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping or from dirt getting in the lens)?
Customer: None, has been in store since holiday on January
JA: What kind of battery does your camera use? Have you tried taking out the battery and replacing it?
Customer: Battery is OK and fully charged.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue to wait.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your camera. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and turn it on.

Tell me please if it now operates correctly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Unfortunately this fix did not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

We will try to get the Lens Assembly gears or Lens drive motor to release if this is the cause of the issue.

To do this, get something that vibrates such as an electric razor or Electric Toothbrush and turn the camera upside down and put it on this.

Once done, power the camera on and off up to 10 times to see if it releases and the Lens moves, removing the error.

Let me know the results please

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry no success
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal drive motor or the gear assembly that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome