Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 9 years.
13568747

Camera DMC-T28' Plenty of room on SDHC card. But Keeps on

Customer Question

Hi. Camera DMC-T28' Plenty of room on SDHC card. But Keeps on showing No valid picture to play, and pictures will be recorded in Built in memory, How can I get it back to Normal, please, Many Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Are you experiencing the same issue in different shooting modes, or just one?
Customer: I only evr use one .87 Years old and a complete technaphobe
JA: Has there been any damage to your camera recently (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?
Customer: No, Always careful. Love it to bits
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you. Just want it back to my normal simple method
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that, because from my experience, that may be a 'breakage' of the camera. However you may try these measures:

- try a different memory card! if your memory card has a problem with storing and writing data, or reading it back afterward, that should cure it (and is much easier and cheaper than a camera repair service if the camera were defective!)

- try a factory reset, perhaps? it would wipe out your Custom Settings and White Balance settings, but not your pictures nor your videos stored on the memory card.

- Also: Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight, or several hours at least. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Please let me know how that goes, when you have tried it! And I will help and advise you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will do what you suggest, and take it from there. MikeKayne.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

A-OK, Mr. Kayne. Please have a good day, and let us know at the JustAnswer.com site if you need further information or help on any subject we cover. Thank you.