Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 9 years.
13568747

My camera NV-DS38 asks me to push the reset button but when

Customer Question

My camera NV-DS38 asks me to push the reset button but when I do so nothing happens
JA: Who makes your camera?
Customer: Panasonic
JA: What have you tried so far with your NV-DS38?
Customer: I press reset and after a short time the camera switches itself off
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. The camera may be seriously unwell, as electronics-controlled cameras go.

But try holding down the RESET button for over 15 seconds continuously.

Having the screen switch Off is normal enough after a reset - it means the camera is restarting.

I hope that fixes it, but I suspect that your camera may need repairing. (Still, try a different memory card in it, and perhaps even a new battery if the battery in it is over 1 1/2 years or 2 years old or so.)

If you want to have the camera repaired by Panasonic (alternatives are Royalcameras.com, and perhaps precisioncamera.com or unitedcamera.com doubtfully), you may go to this page:

https://shop.panasonic.com/supportservice

and scroll down a bit then click the right-hand button that says SUBMIT REPAIR REQUEST.

Please let me know if you need further advice and instructions or help with this problem. Thank you.