Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a Canon EOS 700D which I love but I would like to be

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Canon EOS 700D which I love but I would like to be ablet to connect it to my Mac laptop wirelessly. I see I can buy a wireless card but does this replace the regular memory card I use and if so will it mean I get less storage for images?
JA: How old is your EOS?
Customer: 6 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your EOS?
Customer: I tether it to my laptop with a USB connection but need to know which wifi card to buy and if it will work.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe my camera only has one card slot - does this mean I can't connect it by a wifi card which I know I can buy (W-E1 adapter)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To answer your question as well as is possible:

1: A wireless card is not storage, so it is not comparable to a regular memory card in point of storage for images. Unless it is a storage-and-wireless card, in which case, consider its rated total capacity in GB (not in GBits of transmission/reception, but in GBytes of storage.)

2: WiFi cards are not compatible with all camera models by any means. I found one on a basic search but it is only compatible with 3 Canon cameras, the page says: 7D Mark II (Stills and MP4 videos), 5DS (Stills only) or 5DS R (Stills only.)

Was there any particular WiFi card that you had in mind, please? let me know.

I will advise you further. Thank you.