Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have Panasonic Camera DMC-TZ30. Probably bought 5 - 6

Customer Question

I have Panasonic Camera DMC-TZ30. Probably bought 5 - 6 years ago. I could not recharge the battery so I bought a new lead and battery, I recharged it once and then it died again and it will not recharge. What do I do now?
JA: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?
Customer: I says "no battery power remains"
JA: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?
Customer: I have replaced the battery with a new one. Is an SD card a San Disk?
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Please connect me
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your camera question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that! I advise these measures:

- let me know the model # of the battery that you bought as a replacement, please.

- let me know the voltage or V rating of the charger that you bought as a replacement, also.

- And, please try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open (- and meanwhile, please examine the interior for any sign of any problem!), then try turning the camera On again.

Please let me know how that goes.