Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I bought 4 Leica rod eye and I used all of them in the rain,

Customer Question

Hello , I bought 4 Leica rod eye and I used all of them in the rain, and now it stops working , even I can not turn them on .. ­čśÉ
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Leica rod eye 140
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: To change the battery
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Cameron replied 19 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you try and find a solution! I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

Unfortunately what you're dealing with is a classic example of what happens to cameras and electronics when they experience water damage. Once the water gets inside the device, the damage is immediate and any use of the device once it's been damaged with water will only damage the device more. You will need to take this in for a repair.

If you take it to a repair professional, it's possible they can de-oxidize the inside but there's no guarantee, it just all depends on how much damage there is.

If you message back & I don’t reply, please don’t worry I will respond with valuable info as soon as possible. Thanks!