Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

My EOS M6 wont work, 2/3 years, Nothing. It just beeps when

Customer Question

HI My EOS M6 wont work
JA: How long have you had your M6?
Customer: 2/3 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Canon product?
Customer: Nothing. It just beeps when i press shutter release
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Digital Cameras
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cameron replied 10 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

I know it sounds quite simple here, but I recommend this as a first step always. Have you tried unplugging or powering it off here for 10 minutes or so? Unplugging/powering off the EOS M6 for 10-15 minutes can initiate a 'power cycle' which can often fix these type of issues. Be sure to press & hold the power button on the device itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged/powered off, then release the power button and wait the 10-15 minutes as I said and then power the device back on and try to navigate again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It’s a camera.it has an on off switch and had been left off for more than 15 minutes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am not paying £16 for a phone call
Expert:  Cameron replied 10 days ago.

Have you tried a new battery or SD card so far?