Richard Kresslein
Richard Kresslein,
Experience:  Youth Empowerment Volunteer at Peace Corps
98270431

My camera will not connect to my MacBook Air laptop using a

Customer Question

My camera will not connect to my MacBook Air laptop using a USB Type C adaptor and my Camera cable (USB 3). Do Canon Supply a cable to connect an EOS750D camera to an Apple computer with the standard Canon connector at one end and A USB type C connector at the other?
JA: Did you download all the necessary software to connect your camera to your computer (e.g. Canon EOS Utility)? Is your software the latest version?
Customer: Yes I have downloaded DSLR Assistant App and my MacBook Air is brand new bought last week -I presume it must have the latest software.
JA: If you are using a USB cable, are you using the one that came with your camera or an aftermarket one?
Customer: I am using the one that came with my camera, now about 5 yrs old
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me to where?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard Kresslein replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. Unfortunately Canon does not have such a cable for the EOS750D. I recommend using an SD card reader to transfer your photos. You can purchase one from Apple here: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUFG2AM/A/usb-c-to-sd-card-reader