Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

My pc crashed and had to buy new which is win 10, prev wi 7

Customer Question

My pc crashed and had to buy new which is win 10, prev wi 7 I now have no idea how to print on printable dvd's. please help
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: canon ip8700
JA: How long has this been going on with your IP8700?
Customer: first tim I have tried to use with dvd since new pc
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: couple of days but note to say new win 10 on today
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to use on win ten10
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

I'm not sure what program you're trying to use here, but in general your new computer will need a DVD burner built-in in order to do what you want here. Please let me know what program you're using.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The old pc on Win 7had built in dvd writer this heap of trash! doesn't so I use amirsoft to produce dvd.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
don't have a phone !!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This is not that important as I' in nursing home and use the dvd to put music prog on for other residents ,Excuse typing but I'm 90yrs old and fingers aint what used to be!, and pics on dvd easier to see than wrighting.
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

Ok does your new computer have a DVD burner built-in?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it does have burner, i just use amiersoft as compiler
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

Ok thank you for this! Have you downloaded this software onto the new computer yet?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what software?
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

I'm sorry but I am confused, you are trying to burn DVDs on this new laptop yes? Usually you need a software also on the computer to do this. This is what I suspected you meant by "Amirsoft"

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no, I have already compiled about 6dvd with amirsoft and burnt them on my new pc, just was trying to print on the finished printable discs. amirsoft being an independent programme.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
all I need to know is how to print on disc
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

I understand. What you will need to "print on disc" is a different software that will be able to do this for you. You'd have to download this software and learn how to use it before trying to burn.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I think will be easier for me to just use felt pen and write in big letters!! and forget print I did lots on my old pc using Canon prog that came with printer.
Expert:  Cameron replied 5 days ago.

Alright I understand, I am sorry about this.