Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

My Samsung NX1100 has suddenly stopped working. There is a

Hi. My Samsung NX1100 has suddenly stopped working. There is a brief flash on the screen when I insert the battery, then nothing. Regards, Russ.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Samsung NX1100 smart camera
JA: How old is your NX1100?
Customer: Probably about eight years.
JA: What have you tried so far with your NX1100?
Customer: I purchased a new battery. Same behaviour.
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so. It has never been damaged or used in the rain, and was working fine up until the last time I charged the battery. Many thanks.

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue. I hope we can find a solution here for you!

I know it sounds quite simple here, but I recommend this as a first step always. Have you tried unplugging or powering it off here for 10 minutes or so? Unplugging/powering off the Samsung camera for 10-15 minutes can initiate a 'power cycle' which can often fix these type of issues. Be sure to press & hold the power button on the device itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged/powered off, then release the power button and wait the 10-15 minutes as I said and then power the device back on and try to navigate again. Please also let me know how long ago you used it successfully.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I used it last around 10 days ago until the battery became low. I charged the battery and reinserted it, and there was a brief flash on the screen but then nothing. There is no remote, and no power button on this camera, just an on/off switch on the shutter release.

So you have 2 batteries now yes? and nothing shows up on the screen with either battery?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Correct. Both are genuine Samsung batteries.

I see, and do you have an external charger you insert the battery into? Or are you charging these by plugging the camera into power?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
External charger. It shows a red light while charging, which turns green when charged. They are both fully charged.

This means then the issue is with the metal connection points inside the camera's battery chamber, which makes sense considering the age of your camera. This is something that requires repair.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Makes sense Cameron. Thank you so much.

No problem, I am sorry you have to deal with this issue but I wish you the very best!