Cameron
Cameron, Camera Technician
Experience:  Tech Business Owner/Photographer
106661857

I have an XT2, and the shutter has locked. I went online and

Hi , I have an XT2 , and the shutter has locked . I went online and others suggested that when the yellow lock was shown press the menu /OK button down and hold it and the shutter should unlock . I have tried this but no luck . Any ideas ?
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Fuji XT2
JA: How long have you had your XT2?
Customer: I bought it second hand from Campkins in Cambridge about a year ago .
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: when the lock shows I hold down the menu button
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi there, my name is Cameron & I’m a tech expert here with JustAnswer, an independent, paid support website. I know these kinds of things can be really frustrating and I’m sorry you have to deal with this, but I just came across your issue and want to help you as best as I possibly can to try and find a solution! Making sure we can find the best solution or steps forward for you here are my top priorities and I’m reviewing the information you’ve given me now!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ask that if you would like to provide a rating after this interaction, that this rating you give reflects my customer service only. If something outside of my service makes you unhappy, please don’t give a poor rating to me, as it reflects my service. Instead, please let me know what you’re unhappy with & I will make sure to provide the suggestion to those above me. Thanks so much for this in advance!

As I said above, I’m very sorry to hear about your issue.

To start, the actions you tried to get this working generally do work! If the issue is smaller and not something that needed repair, these steps you took would work just fine!

However, because they haven't worked and the shutter is still locked up, unfortunately that means there is damage to the sensor most likely. This damage is too much for the sensor to operate, so the camera locks it up as a precaution to prevent further dust or damage. I recommend taking this camera into a local camera shop for some assistance with the repair.