Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 9 years.
13568747

My LUMIX FZ200 when I use the zoom goes out to its full

Customer Question

Hello, my LUMIX FZ200 when I use the zoom goes out to its full extent then it says I must switch it off and on again. This happens repeatedly can you help please
JA: How long have you had your FZ200?
Customer: About 7 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?
Customer: nothing apart from switching it off as it says but this happens repeatedly and I have no idea what else to do?
JA: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so thanks
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 15 days ago.
Hi, welcome to JustAnswer.com. I am Expert Russell, & I will try to give the right answer to your camera question. I am typing your answer now and should be able to post it within about 6 or 7 minutes. Thank you for waiting for that long, in the meantime.
I understand that you have a question about a Panasonic camera with a lens error type problem.
I'm sorry to hear that - usually, in 95+ % of cases with Zoom error or Lens Error, the problem cannot be fixed except by having the camera sent off for repair to the manufacturer, or at minimum taken to a camera shop for repair. But some things can be tried:
- If the case is not visibly dented, try (with the camera Off) inserting a piece of paper's edge, into the crack around the lens assembly. Then move that paper all around the circle of that crack around the lens assembly, at least once all the way around.
Then remove the paper from the camera. Then try the camera, turning it On again.
Sometimes, rarely, if the lens is not badly out of alignment and is not actually 'broken' internally, this can correct it to working condition again.
- Also... are the batteries in it perhaps just a bit old? this is seldom a useful path to try with lens errors, but it might be worth mention, just possibly.
Let me know if you need further help from me on this matter, such as with repair information, whether now or later on.