Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

Is the product Dog Rocks safe to use are there any side effects

Is the product 'Dog Rocks' safe to use are there any side effects or long term problems?

Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

These products certainly don't harm dogs, so your dog would be at no risk if you want to give it a try. Whether it is effective is another question though ...

Scott Nimmo :

The minerals in these rocks are thought to change the nitrogen content of the urine thus making it not kill grass. You can use a low protein diet like a kidney diet to do the same thing. But like I said, no harm in giving it a try ...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the answer. I have been using the Dog Rocks for about 9 months. It seems to have made a difference to the quality of my grass.

However my dog is now terminally unwell (she is elderly) I just needed re-assuring that the 'Dog Rocks' had no hand in her illness.

Hello again,

Glad to talk this over with you further ...

So sorry to hear about your dog's condition, but really Dog Rocks are very safe, I cannot see how this product could ever do your dog any harm. Her illness must have come form some other source ...

Kindest regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. That is a relief.

I know this is a difficult time for you, but the Dog Rocks will not be to blame.

I hope things work out as well as they can for your dog...

Kindest regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is good to know - thanks again