Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

My dog is a rescue dog I have had him for three years and he

My dog is a rescue dog I have had him for three years and he is six years old , the last four time I have left him in the evenings for only three hours he has weed up the Kitchen door and scratched the paint work. I leave the T V on so he has company. During the day when I leave him he is quite clean .Please can you suggest how I can rectify this problem.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

It sounds like your dog is having anxiety issues, for whatever reason. You can try purchasing a DAP collar, which releases pheromones that calm and soothe dogs and can relieve anxiety:

If you try that and it does not work, you can try a low dose of Xanax prescribed by your veterinarian. It is very safe and can work well for these situations.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.