Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My 4 year old lab is yelping in pain when she jumps altho it

My 4 year old lab is yelping in pain when she jumps altho it seems she can walk easily, this just started this evening and now she is hiding under the table and constantly licking her lips. I can't get her to the vet until the morning but is there anything I can do to help her in the interim? Thx
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?
2- Is she on any medications?
3- How much does she weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No pre-existing medical probs. she weighs approx 25kg and she is not on medication
Sarah, this is what you can do until she is seen by your family veterinarian:

1- Rest her, no running or jumping. Activity should be limited to urinate and defecate on a leash.
2- Start her on Buffered Aspirin 325mg every 12 hours with food.
3- Follow up with family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter