Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I have a 9wk old puppy,she saw vet yesterday as she had been

I have a 9wk old puppy,she saw vet yesterday as she had been having diarrhea and there was a bit of blood in it,she was given pro-kolin paste and put on a diet of chicken and rice. I have done this but her poo is getting more watery with specs of blood,now seems to be off her food,quite lethargic any ideas
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting?
2- Did she get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?
3- Did your vet do any testing?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no vomiting,thought maybe it might be a change in her diet,her temp was slighty up but put that down to her being nervous,no other tests done.

Friend, diarrhea can be caused by many different conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, parasites, infections, etc. If you are seeing blood in the feces it is important to rule out an infection called Parvo virus. For this reason I would strongly recommend having her rechecked by family veterinarian today for a fecal analysis and parvo test. In the meantime continue on a diet of rice and boiled boneless chicken.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter