Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I have accidently given my puppy 2 worming tablets instead

I have accidently given my puppy 2 worming tablets instead of 1, he is a bit quiet and hasn't eaten his dinner, how worried should I be
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What is the name of deworming medication?
2- How much does your puppy weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The worming tablets is Johnsons one dose size 2
And the puppy's weight is 16-17lbs
Can you look at the label and tell me the active ingredient and milligrams?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Friend, if he took 1,000mg (2 tablets) of Nitroscanate this will not be toxic for your puppy. At worst you may see vomiting otherwise he will be fine. No need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter