Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

tibetan terrier 4 yrs old was lively up until 8 weeks ago,

Customer Question

tibetan terrier 4 yrs old was lively up until 8 weeks ago, now sleeps a lot can not jump on sofa or chairs anymore, not fussed about food anymore or drink, gone from a lively cuddly dog to a recluse, poos are normal and wees normal, have lost our 3rd family member, help us if you can !
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Fanny's symptoms are certainly important but not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder. Can you upload a copy of Fanny's latest test results to our conversation? You can scan the results into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload a photo by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as or I might be able to spot overlooked important findings or, at least tests that were overlooked. In addition, has imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound been performed? Is there any evidence of heart disease?

I'll await your reply.