How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 32835
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

We have across Staffi with Ridgeback Plus a lot of daft

Customer Question

We have across Staffi with Ridgeback Plus a lot of daft lab, that we inherited from a young man that is in prison.
He has been chipped.
We would like to go to France & take him with us as he is not happy with strangers.
What will we need to take him to France with us later in the year
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin

Thankfully, importing a pet from one UK country to France is simple. Please see here:,2780

The original chip is accepted. It needs to be read by the vet who issues the EU Pet Passport and, ideally, reissued in your name by the chip manufacturer although it's possible that the chip was never registered at all. This isn't a necessary step because sellers often chip their dogs prior to shipping them to other countries and they're not the owners any longer. Chipping identifies the dogs - not the owner.

A current rabies vaccine is the only additional need.