How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 32765
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

Dog ate small amount of a chocolate biscuit

This answer was rated:

Dog ate small amount of a chocolate biscuit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Phone number is *****
I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow my speaking with customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish. Unless your dog ingested 2.2 ounces of milk chocolate per kilogram of body weight (or 0.7 ounces of dark chocolate per kilogram of body weight) there's no reason for concern. If the biscuit happened to contain the artificial sugar xylitol please let me know. Xylitol is toxic to dogs at doses greater than 75 mg/kg of body weight.
Dr. Michael Salkin and 4 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks most helpful
You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
I can't set a follow up in this venue and so would appreciate your returning to our conversation with an update at your convenience.