Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics

Deer hound lurcherhe has protrudung claw and limping. i need

deer hound lurcherhe has protrudung claw and limping. i need to give him some pain killer just to tide him over until we can see vet. can i give him 500mg of paracetamol
Hi, I can help you with your question today. It sounds like Billy has avulsed his nail, and it will probably need to be pulled.
How much does he weigh?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
And does he have any history of liver or kidney problems?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent, then you can give 1/2 of a paracetamol - 250mg. This can be given every 12 hours.
Do not give a higher dose, and do not give more than twice daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he has pr
Sorry, what's that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help, this is a common problem for Billy as his nails grow deformed, usually I can take him to my vet who knows us well. As it's the weekend I wanted to tide him over until my vet is open. I will follow your instructions and help him cope with the discomfort.
Great. I hope he is more comfortable soon.