Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My female pomeranian is lame and not so responsive should I

My female pomeranian is lame and not so responsive should I take her emergency vet?
Hello, I am very sorry to hear how Koulla is doing.Yes, it is absolutely worth the ER trip. Why?2 main concerns. 1. She is lame. So, we have to assume she is painful and there is something causing inflammation, whether it be a fracture or soft tissue trauma.2. She is also not very responsive. That is an automatic red flag, because a dog of this age would not get hypoglycemic or have a general illness that would cause poor responsive reaction. Definitely, well worth the ER trip. I would expect an initial evaluation, and possibly a basic blood test to start. Good LuckDr. Andy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice
You are very welcome Josie, and I hope everything works out okay. Please remember to provide a feedback rating before leaving. Dr. Andy