Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

I am quite worried as I have just caught my Cocka-Poo with

Hello I am quite worried as I have just caught my Cocka-Poo with some milk chocolate fruit and nut. I think he has eaten around 50g. I have heard that chocolate is poisonous for dogs. What should I do? He's seems fine at the moment!

You neeedn't do anything. It would take an ounce of milk chocolate per pound of body weight for Buddy to be intoxicated by the theobromine in chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremors if ingested in sufficient amount. Buddy might suffer transient gastrointestinal distress evidenced as inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea from ingesting such an unusual food but he wasn't intoxicated.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a relief! Thanks for your help.

It's my pleasure. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.