How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Altman Your Own Question
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 13970
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Altman is online now

I have a 18 month rottweiler. She has eaten 3 grapes. Know

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have a 18 month rottweiler bitch. She has eaten 3 grapes. Know this because I gave them to her. Then checked only to read they are very toxic. What should I do

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Luckily 3 grapes in an adult Rottie will not cause any issues whatsoever, I wouldn't expect to even see gi upset in this scenario. At this time, the lowest documented toxic grape or raisin dose is 0.32 to 0.65 oz/kg. So if your Rottie is 40 kg this would mean 12 ounces would need to be ingested to be of concern and each grape is about 2 ounces so you can imagine the amount that would require this toxic change!

So I wouldn't do anything at this point, your dog should be just fine, just no more grapes in the future :)

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank

Dr. Altman and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. Was v worried. Best look treats up BEFORE handing them out.

Yes absolutely :)

Please avoid sugar free products, grapes, raisins, chocolate as the primary avoidance foods but if you aren't sure please ask me for any further foods to avoid!