Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My border collie 12 years or age always has dry warm nose

My border collie 12 years or age always has dry warm nose and snores when shes a sleep ,shes eating good and drinking normaly, don,t know whether its old age any ideas, had her checked out 3 months ago they was happy with her ,just wanted second opinian. Thanks

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

The temperature of the nose and whether it is wet or dry has no bearing on anything... it is an old wives tale. The snoring happens with age, and is normal for older dogs and does not signify a problem. So in summary, there is nothing to worry about based on these symptoms. Hope that helps put your mind at ease!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for advice,quick answer. Thankyou Anne

You are so welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today. Good luck, and have a great rest of the day.

I am wrapping up for the day here, but I need to make sure that you do not have any other questions for me before I sign off. To help signal to me whether or not we are done, please rate my service to indicate that you are happy with my service and we are done talking for now, or please ask me more follow up questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had her sprayed at 9 years seems to slowed her down since then just thought that could have been a clue. Ok thanks

No, spaying her 3 yrs ago would have nothing to do with it. Have a great day.