Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 47 years of experience.
55012488

My 7 yr old olde tyme aylestone dog has a bad skin problems

My 7 yr old olde tyme aylestone bull dog has a bad skin problems he has sore weeping patches on his elbows and rear end on his bottom and it's spreading-the hair has fallen out where the patches are and they bleed - vet has no clue what it is - he's been tested for mange its not mange he has had antibiotics steroids antibacterial powders creams antihistamines you name it he's had it and it's getting worse not better - we've spent hundreds trying all sorts vet doesn't know what it is we need help i have pictures if someone could take a look ?

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Sarah, I would like to take a look at pics, please. You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't find how to upload the pictures ?

Your device may not show the upload icons. If that's the case, you'll need to use an external app or send the pics to customer service (*****@******.*** or http://ww2.justanswer.com) and customer service will forward them to me. This can take up to 24 hours, however.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you can't see the pictures I don't see how you could help i have an email address I could send them via that but the link you sent doesn't let me open it ?

I agree. Please contact customer service who will help you get the pics to me. I regret that I'm not privy to your side of the site.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok will do I'll try tomorrow its so frustrating vet doesn't seem to have any ideas what's wrong and my dog is getting worse it's awful

I understand. When performing a cytology (microscopic exam of a small sample of affected skin surface looking for abnormal numbers of bacteria or yeast) and skin scrapings don't find anything untoward, skin biopsy becomes the most expedient manner in which to determine the etiology of the skin condition.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I haven't received any pics yet.