Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

Golden retriever eating grass suddenly, has hiccups and

Golden retriever eating grass suddenly, has hiccups and unable to settle

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about your dog. What is his / her name? Has she had any vomiting? How old is she?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, her name is ***** ***** currently no vomiting. She seems to have settled a little now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I forgot to add she is 7

I like that name! The most common reason for a dog to suddenly start eating grass is that they have a little stomach upset. They eat the grass to try and settle their stomach. I would be monitoring her for any vomiting and address that if it happens. I wouldn't let her continue to eat grass. Some can find some grass that they like the taste and texture of too.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** beautiful :) We'll keep an eye out for any vomiting, as long as it's not an emergency, it was just very unusual behaviour
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got to dash now, but thanks for your answer. I'll be sure to rate you

I'm glad to help and hope she stays doing her normal things! Give her a good petting for me since I can't. An emergency would be if she starts to retch / try to vomit and not be able to or if her belly start to get large.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Thanks so much!

No problem! Take care!