Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

I have a 10yr old Border collie he is a working dog and as a

I have a 10yr old Border collie he is a working dog and as a big swelling on his backend . he had both sides of his tail in Feb this year and the vet gave him antibiotics and it went away. I took him to the vets and they said it was a rupter and nothing can be doner

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

They said it was a rupture of what? Can you attach a photo? Are they talking about a ruptured cancerous mass?

Are you there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it is a lump on the side of his tail and anus it is quite large. It is not stopping him passing motion but it is hot and hard. I cant send you a photo but I am a retired shepherd

And the vet said it is what? A ruptured cyst? A ruptured mass? Do you live in an area with no access to veterinary surgeons who can remove this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have run Many dogs in my job and I have not come across this before

What did the vet say it is? A ruptured cyst? A ruptured mass? Do you live in an area with no access to veterinary surgeons who can remove this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just Think its a infection of his annual gland but they said he should be put down

Can you tell me what the vet said it is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They said it was a rupture and as there are many nerves around this area it could be very expensive and could not guarantee the resuolt

Did they try antibiotics? This sounds like something I would get a second opinion on... if what you are saying is exactly what the vet said, it sounds like you need to have this checked out by a different vet. I sure wish you could attach a photo. I would get a second opinion from a second vet at a different clinic for starters, and I would have your vet prescribe antibiotics in the meantime. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thankyou

You are so welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive compensation for assisting you today... bonuses/tips are appreciated. Good luck, and have a great rest of the day.