Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has a skin condition above his eye, what is this and

Customer Question

My dog has a skin condition above his eye, what is this and what do i need to purchase to treat it?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Chri, can you upload a photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have....
"IMG_0507.jpg Remove"
Can you see this?

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look at it, please...

This is a good photo of a blepharitis - inflammation of the eyelids that may be due to a primary bacterial or fungal infection or may be secondary to an underlying condition such as a parasitic, allergic, autoimmune skin disease, or leishmaniasis. It's best that it be attended to by Taco's vet but if you'd like to see if over the counter care will suffice you can rotate a hydrocortione cream with a triple antibiotic cream every 6 hours. You can find these in your local pharmacy. If this approach will work you'll see a significant improvement within a week's time. Treatment cshould continue, then, until the eyelid normalizes. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.