Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years

Assistant: What do you want help with? My female dog ate

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: My female dog ate some scraps of old starfish remains at the beach around 5 hours later she vomited the ate her vomit. She has been sick about 5 more times now it is just froth
Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is very quiet and only wanted to walk for a short while before coming home which is unusual. Her stool was solid and dark but came out with a lot of watery dark fluid
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is 3
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've made payment when and where will I get a response please?
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

By dark, do you mean her stool was black? Any blood?