Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

My dog is on synulox 250 mg for multi resistance bacteria

Customer Question

Hi my dog is on synulox 250 mg for multi resistance bacteria could you advise if the antibiotic Zodon would be effective instead of the synulox
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The same testing (bacterial culture and sensitivity) that revealed multi-resistant bacteria should tell us if clindamycin (Zodon) would be an antibiotic of choice. I can only assume that amoxicillin/clavulanate (Synulox) was an antibiotic of choice according to that testing. I would be pleased to review the culture and sensitivity for you if you could post those test results in our conversation.