Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog was hit by a car this morning. He has a couple of

Customer Question

Hello. My dog was hit by a car this morning. He has a couple of cuts which I’ve cleaned and dressed. He doesn’t appear to have broken anything. He can walk as usual but is obviously in pain jumping up to sofa which he’s just done after shaking and panting and dribbling for a couple of hours. I’m sure he must be bruised and has muscle damage perhaps. Should I take him to the vet or just see how he is for the next couple of days?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I'm sorry to hear of this with Benny. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

The standard of care following "hit by car" is to have a vet perform a complete physical exam including whole body X-rays/ultrasound. Internal injuries may not be apparent particularly soon after injury. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.