Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Can you recommend ear drop for my labrador red ear infection

can you recommend ear drop for my labrador red ear infection

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, no, it wouldn't be the standard of care to recommend a medication for Beau's ears without knowing more about them; in other words, are they reactive (a sign of a more systemic allergy), infected (bacterial, yeast, mites?), or both? If his vet has never looked into Beau's ears, you need to find another vet who will not only look into Beau's ears but perform a cytology (microscopic exam of a small sample of the external ear canal surface) looking for abnormal numbers or bacteria, yeast, or mites. The ears are then thoroughly irrigated and treatment is then predicated upon what was found in the cytology. If you prefer, you can have a specialist veterinary dermatologist attend to Beau whom you can find here: rvc.ac.uk/small-animal-referrals/

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I will

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.