Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Ya my dog cane is an Italian mastiff, recently he has gone

Hi ya my dog cane is an Italian mastiff, recently he has gone off hes food, being sick, but just bile, lost weight, but will eat human food now and again.i have tried all types of food, but I dont no what else to try

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Teresa, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Over what period of time has Cane been inappetent, regurgitating/vomiting bile, and lost weight? These are important signs but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dr Michael cane has been like this for a month,he is a happy dog apart from this.he'snose is wet and he wags he's tail when visitors come round.

Thank you for the additional information. Cane will need the attention of his vet who will want to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of fasted (for at least 4 hours prior to arriving at the vet hospital; never restrict water, however) blood and urine tests. At Cane's advanced age his symptoms indicate a degenerative disorder such as chronic renal or hepatic insufficiency or perhaps a neoplastic (cancerous) disorder. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.