Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

There is blood in my dog urine. Found a few spots when he

Customer Question

There is blood in my dog urine. Found a few spots when he jumped up on the bed and then looked at his penis after he had done a wee and saw blood there.
He's an eight year old Aird ale. He was a behaving odd a week or so ago.. Sitting down everyone he stood up instead of just pacing around and generally being bouncy.. For example, but he seemed to get over that at yer a couple of days and went back to his normal self.. Then this morning I called him upstairs an dB he didn't come, when I got out of bed he was half way up the stairs and had stopped, as if he couldn't go any further I gave him some encouragement so he got to the top and then sat down, I then suggested we go into my sons room and he always jumps on his bed to say good morning, and that's when I first saw the blood spots.. Very watery
What do you think?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Airedale. I am a veterinarian; my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you have been waiting for an answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Is he desexed?

Blood in the urine can be from a UTI, urinary tract infection. If he is not neutered, it could be prostatic bleeding, or a prostatic infection.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

The place to start would be a urinalysis to see if there is infection, and if he needs antibiotics. If he is not neutered, I would a veterinarian examine his prostate.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

How is your Airedale doing? I did not hear back from you. Please let me know if this information was helpful and if you have other questions.