Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has a growth on his dog pad and I’m worried it is

Customer Question

My dog has a growth on his dog pad and I’m worried it is cancerous please help?!?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 16 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Lucy, can you upload a photo(s) of this growth to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve tried on add files by the send button but I won’t let me??

Please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us or 1-***-***-**** for help in that regard.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You should have the image now.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
He keeps licking it and my bed sheets where he lays has liquid saliva and bloody wetness too.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Regretfully, the photo is so dark that I can't see the extent of the growth. Can you try again with better lighting?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok I’ll send a better one so sorry
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve sent another one.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would also love some help with his paw to help heal it if it just is an ulcerated Paw. Thankyou.

Excellent photo, thank you. No, this isn't an ulcer. It's a tumor that needs to be removed and biopsied in order to determine what to expect in the future. His vet may elect to first needle aspirate it and send the aspirate to our pathologist for review. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thankyou for your help. I’ll make an appointment to see the vet.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 15 days ago.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.