Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog is 16 weeks old and since 9 weeks when we got him he

Customer Question

My dog is 16 weeks old and since 9 weeks when we got him he has had blood and diarrhoea. They treated with panacur twice which did not work then sent a faecal sample which showed giardia and camplybacteira they treated with 2 weeks of eryhromycin which seemed to work then the diarrhoea returned. We started again with the same abx and a pro-kolin sachet to add to his food. We have been doing this for 9 days and it's worse.
I took him to the vet weds and they did X-rays so no blockage but then since weds he has been so unsettled crying constantly and barking. Not wanting to play just trying to sleep but can't settle
I was very worried about him so took him back to the vet yesterday they scanned him and again could see no concerns. He is now in buscapan and tramadol since yesterday which does nothing. He has cried and barked all night and even whines in his sleep He still has significant diarrhoea and is now drooling loads. The vet said when that had him all day yesterday he did not whine and was very settled so they think it could be a slight puppy attention thing. Honestly this is not attention it is constant. He actually didn't want attention. If you stroke him he moves away to another place to try and sleep.
The only thing he still does like is his food. It perks him up when you serve it then straight after he is back to looking uncomfortable
I really don't know what to do ??? I think he is in significant pain
Category: Dog
Expert:  DocPaul replied 5 months ago.

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

And I am one of the veterinarians on this site authorized to take phone calls

It costs more but allows me to quickly and accurately answer all of your questions

Have they offered an abdominal ultrasound?

What diet is he on now?

Paul