Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a sharpie cross with lots of skin problems constant

Customer Question

I have a sharpie cross with lots of skin problems constant scratching & always chewing his paws only thing to work is apoquel any sugestions
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Rocco having these skin problems. If the Apoquel helps, it is likely that the skin problems are related to allergies. Sharpei and Sharpei crosses are prone to allergies and skin problems.

If the Apopquel works, are you continuing to use it?

There are other treatments for allergies but most are not as good as Apoquel: antihistamines, supplements, steroids, cyclosporine. Cytopoint is a new injection, given every 4 weeks that helps many dogs. Like Apoquel, it is not a steroid.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response. Do you have other questions? How is Rocco doing?