Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog has a red swollen paw that he has licked nonstop

Customer Question

Hi, my dog has a red swollen paw that he has licked nonstop
Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Wicket and he’s 4
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Wicket?
Customer: I have been prescribed Stormogyl for it as they think his foot is infected
Category: Dog
Expert:  nekovet replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Are there any wounds or sores on the paw or between the pads/toes?

Any changes to the skin (ie pustules, pimples, redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any odor or pus?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.