Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My parents live in Panama and their dog is very ill, he has

Customer Question

My parents live in Panama and their dog is very ill, he has had some blood tests done, but because of the slight language barrier Spanish and English they would like to have a second opinion on his blood results and what should/could be done to help him recover. Can you help?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I would pleased to review the test results. Can you upload a copy of them to our conversation? You can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you. i will do it now, hold please

I'll watch for your next post.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please see attached the blood test results

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you

The very minor changes in that diagnostic panel are nonspecific and could be seen in a normal dog. Are there a complete blood count (CBC) and urinalysis to review?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i'm afraid this is all i have to hand at the moment

I understand. Ask your folks to send along the CBC (and urinalysis if it were performed). It would be unusual not to perform a CBC yet perform biochemical testing. You can return to our conversation at your convenience. There's no extra charge for your doing so.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thats great i will do that and get back to you. Thank you so mcuh

It's my pleasure. I'm in the Pacific daylight time zone.