Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

HAMISH WONT LET YOU BATH HIM HE HAS BITE THE DOG WASHER

HAMISH WONT LET YOU BATH HIM HE HAS BITE THE DOG WASHER TWICE NOW AND IF YOU TOUCH HIM ON HIS BACK OR TOUCH HIS TAIL HE GOES FOR YOU IAM SCARED HE BITES ONE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN OR ANYONE ELSE.HE IS 3 YEARS OLD.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: HE IS CALLED HAMISH AND HES A WEST HIGHLAND TERRIER
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about HAMISH?
Customer: YES HE WONT LET THE VETS GET A TICK OF HIS FACE HE WAS GOING MAD AND SCRACHED THE VETS ARM THEY COULDNT EVEN MUSSLE HIM .

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. So sorry to hear you are having this much trouble with him. This is certainly a lot of stress. Is Hamish adopted or have you had him since he was a pup? Is he neutered?? Do you think he is painful in his back or tail? If you touch him other places, is he ok?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
He wash puppy farmed we rescued him they had all the dogs piled up in cages we took him to vets and got his injections and stuff but he isn't nuterd he just won't let you touch his backend or his tail.I love this little dog but I don't no what to do x

It sounds like he needs to be evaluated for pain. Your vet should be able to give you a tranquilizer pill to feed him at home so they can examine him. If he's not painful, I would consider putting him on a medication like Prozac and definitely neutering him. If it is just aggression, a lot of that starts because they aren't neutered. Has your vet tried a tranquilizer to examine him?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They had to put him to sleep so they could get a tick off his face could you tell how much it would cost to get him neutered he is such a lovely wee dog I don't want to get rid of him iam so upset that he has bite teide now and went for the man's wife x

Your veterinarian would know their prices. They are different at every hospital. Have you talked to your vet about starting on Fluoxetine just to try it? This medication is used very frequently in Vet Med for behavior problems. I would talk to your vet about this and then get him neutered. You could also talk to a trainer after he is on some medication (Prozac)

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will ring my vet tomorrow thank you x

You are welcome, hope you find a solution!