Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

Assistant: How can I help? my dog has a growing lump on one

Hi there
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my dog has a growing lump on one of boobies
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Can I send you a pick?
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No just the lump
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
How old are we ? Any underlying medical issues or medications we are on? Yes please send me a picture to review.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
She is 10 years old
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Pomeranian and chiuaua mix
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
The lump has been grown if over s few years now

Thank you for the picture. How long have you noticed it? Is it growing rapidly? Are we spayed?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Sorry, growing over a few years now
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
About 2 years or so but it seems to be getting bigger
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No pain I don’t think cause she’s running and moving fine

If it has been 2 years and has not progressed a lot more than this, this is a good sign as far as being more of a potential benign mass. The typical more aggressive tumors will grow and spread much more rapidly in the course of 2 years in my experience. However I am going to recommend to have this surgically removed, the fact it is on the lower side of the body, it will have a lot of contact with the surfaces as we get up and get down. When this occurs we will slowly run the risk of it getting cut, scratched, opened up. When this occurs it can get infected and then we may start to lick at it. This can just cause a lot of other problems for her to deal with then as far as some bleeding, infection and itch. Do you have a regular veterinarian you could discuss removing the mass with?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I will give them a call to discuss.

This I feel will be the the very best option for you. In the meantime if for any reason it does start to leak any fluid from the surface, keep it cleaned off daily, like with hydrogen peroxide. This will help to prevent any infection on the mass or the surrounding skin.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks for your help
You are more than welcome. Any other questions I can answer now ?