Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

There will be a time in the near future when my old Lurcher

Customer Question

There will be a time in the near future when my old Lurcher may need euthanasia at home. He is nervous, pain sensitive and come from a traumatic background. I would like to know if there is a sedative of some kind I can legally buy to give him when I know the time is right so that he is already very calm and less frightened prior to a vet visiting - as it really matters to me that he has a fear-less end of life experience and he is anxious and fearful of being touched by anyone except me, and even me, if he is scared. Many thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no I think that is it.thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 21 days ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
I am sorry sorry to hear about Lurcher. It is a hard decision to make. However it all comes down to quality of life in these cases. Do you have a regular veterinarian that you work with already ?