Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Has severe itching problems around rear end and top inside

Customer Question

Has severe itching problems around rear end and top inside of thighs, also licks same areas to almost sucking. Had tablets from vets which made no difference and used soothing cream which helped. I feel it may be hormonal.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Severe scratching and licking around rear end. Had medication from vet no difference. feel it may be hormonal. She was a rescue dog had been used for breeding. Happens at this time of the year.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Underneath rear belly area
JA: OK. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Millie twelve
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Millie?
Customer: No otherwise healthy
Category: Dog
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 19 days ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
Can you send some photos of the area? What pills have you used on the past ? Are we spayed ?